Thursday, July 9, 2015

The Final Road Trip Part 2: Comporta

We rented the beach house for two weeks because my parents came to join us for 10 days and then Jesse finally had a chance to take a break.  Like any beach for me, it's beautiful and fun but still sandy!  The kids are loving it, having finally learned in Biarritz to jump the waves.  
There are three main beach entrances by us, each with a beachfront wooden restaurant to where you can spend hours eating, drinking and enjoying lazy days. 
 
On the days we don't hit the beach, we are pleasing my Dad's sense of adventure by visiting the small neighboring towns of Alcacer, Setubal, Sines and of course a day in Lisbon too.

Jesse arrived the day before my birthday and so we spent a luxurious day at the beach, eating king crab and drinking sangria (have to check who makes the best).  That night he & I headed to the boutique hotel Sublime Comporta for sunset caipirinhas and a delicious dinner. 
The GPS directed us over dirt roads until we hit a no trespassing sign so we floared the minivan and finally found the gated entrance.
We drove my parents back to Lisbon to fly home and picked up Joanna Arencibia, my childhood friend who happened to be in Spain at her brother's wedding.
I tend to see Joanna every five to seven years.  She moved to San Sebastián, Spain, after graduating from college and then to Denver after returning to the states.  However, even with this sporadic schedule, I always find the time we spent together full of one of the best friendships I've ever had.  
Jo joined us at Comporta Beach on Thursday so we splurged on a cabana and spent all day relaxing, swimming, eating and drinking sangria.  Mighty darn perfect.
Our last Friday in Portugal I drove Jo to the ferry at Troia and then joined everyone else at the last beach of the area, Pego.  It was overcast all morning but eventually cleared and we spent a beautiful last day jumping through the waves and eating at Sal's.





1 comment:

  1. Nice post Amazang blog I read this and I share with my friend نقل اثاث الشارقة

    ReplyDelete