Thursday, July 9, 2015

Our Last Field Trip in Brussels

I can hardly believe our time in Brussels has come to an end.  I've grown to love a place I never thought much of before.  The streets, the houses, even the peculiar Belgians, all fall into a rythm of my days of errands, coffees, lunches and school.  I've learned most local bus and tram routes, found good and so-so restaurants, bakeries, coffee shops and parks.  We've explore most museums, squares, churches and forests recommended by the guide books.  We've left Brussels and spent many days driving through Flanders and Wallonia.  We've been to the beaches and the Ardennes.  I feel like we've covered Belgium pretty well over the past two years.  But I'm still not ready to leave.  I don't think I'll ever really be ready to leave this part of my life behind.  I've never felt more free to explore, dream, learn and experience life than I have living in Europe.  The unique aspect of living the expat life is this freedom of the temporary, knowing nothing is forever before it even begins and yet jumping in to try it anyway.
The kids and I spent the last day of June, before the big move and real summer vacation, on one last field trip of this amazingly easy place to live.  


No comments:

Post a Comment