Wednesday, September 11, 2013

At the Club

This morning I brought Mom & Caroline to the club for a coffee and snack after dropping the older kids at school.  After pick-up Lauren, Cole & I had lunch in the cafe since it was the kids' half-day Wednesday.
I've already determined that I eat much more than other moms here.  I eat in public so that's a start.  I really enjoyed my towering chicken club sandwich with a green side salad and chips, thank you very much.
Lauren's class is first.  Last week her teacher was a surly blond woman who resented that Lauren couldn't speak French.  This week, her new teacher is a twenty-something well toned, bronzed Belgian man - the kind of man who should wear his tiny little white Speedo to teach three year olds to swim.  And he cares enough to ask if Lauren understands what he's saying. They are learning to swim here so that's sort of important.
Cole's class started with another swim the distance test which he confidently passed.  Then he had to do the same on his back, which made him nervous, but go mini-backstroke.  Lap after lap, my little dolphin was in his element.
Lauren played in the kiddie pool during Cole's lesson and I was able to speak with a very kind Greek mom watching her son in Cole's class.  
Then out of the pool, down to tennis.  Lauren's first class holding a racquet and it wasn't pink, but Daddy will fix that when he comes home from DC. Success on all fronts.




No comments:

Post a Comment