Wednesday, September 25, 2013

"I want to introduce myself."

When I picked Cole & Lauren up from school today, Cole asked me to wait until he completed a little task he chose for himself.  He wanted to introduce himself to the Class 3 (1st grade) teacher because as he said, "We're going to be here next year and she should know who I am."  I asked who she was and saw that she was engaged, talking to a current parent and kindly told Cole he could talk to her tomorrow about it.  He refused, saying we could wait.  So we did.  I watched my son politely wait for her to finish her conversation, then confidently approach Mrs. X and although I couldn't hear what passed through their conversation, this young woman's smile broadened as he spoke.  She looked over his head to see who was watching and when she caught my eye, she gave me a big thumbs up and wave.  She shook Cole's hand, he said good bye and we were off to swim class.  We shall henceforth call him Ferris.

No comments:

Post a Comment