Saturday, July 20, 2013

On our way!

Two Suburbans from PA to Newark Airport, 22 pieces of checked luggage, 12 carry ons plus 2 carseats, 3 kids, my mom, Jesse & I.  We are a traveling light sort of crew.  When Jesse & I take a week's vacation, we can do it fashionably with one carry on and one personal item. I do not recommend moving to Europe with all your stuff.  Right now I think all my stuff is really heavy.
So we flew over the ocean - even over the sharks said Cole - with no hitches.  The kids slept, the plane landed and now I sit in the Brussels airport waiting as three carseats are installed for three kids in our temporary minivan.  I've never driven a minivan, but I am so great full that they exist here too, especially when you account for all our stuff.
The kids are so excited!  Cole said Belgium looks just like our land, except more colorful.  Lauren's so happy to finally get to Brussels and if Cole's excited, then she is too.  Caroline is probably just happy to get out of her carseat, at some point.
Cole is definitely up to the task of being my little man.  He tried and succeeded in grabbing several of our suitcases off the conveyer when they arrived.  He's listening for French over the loudspeaker and a bit confused by the Dutch.  
Lauren said we should just go home and take a little rest.  I have to say she has the right idea!  However movers are coming at 1.  No rest for the weary.  Good luck and sweet dreams to my mom at the hotel with three kids for nap time.



No comments:

Post a Comment