Saturday, July 20, 2013

Belgian Birthday

Today was my 35th birthday.  I told the kids I was their ages side-by-side (3&5).  They didn't quite get it.
We had a beautiful evening in the grand Place last night.  The kids ran in circles over the cobblestones, the adults had cold beers, the temperature was in the low 70s.
We're staying in a hotel in the Center while we organize the apartment in the Chatelain.  This morning the housekeeper woke us up from a dead sleep in our pitch black room.  It was 10:45am.  
Everyone got up and we ate the most delicious birthday breakfast at noon.  Crepes, Belgian waffles, runny eggs over easy, cafe au lait, no high chairs and no kids cups (luckily we remembered to bring one for Caroline).  
Then we spent the afternoon at Ikea.  Until 6pm.  They offer convenient taxi service of your purchases to your home as you depart so after meeting the delivery van at the apartment, we returned to the Center for a birthday dinner, complete with a delicious passion fruit birthday torte.
Mom asked if I ever could've imagined celebrating my birthday on my first day living in Europe with my family.  Quite a great start to our adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment