Friday, December 27, 2013

Merry Swissmas

Christmas in Switzerland has been a success. The kids are enjoying ski school in the mornings.  Dad arrived without a hitch on Tuesday.  It snowed on Christmas and the next day.
We spent Christmas  Eve at a lovely local fondue restaurant though unfortunately I felt sick from dehydration and probably altitude sickness and couldn't enjoy that part much.  The next morning Santa was a hit and the kids, Jesse & I hit the slopes.  I took a three hour lesson and felt great.  A bit too confidant to leave the bunny slope and enter a blue piste and my swift wipeout put an end to my first ski day.  
That afternoon we drove to the Bains de Saillon, an outdoor thermal spa where all of us relaxed and enjoyed the extensive pools.  It was dark, cold in the air and warm in the pools.  Great Christmas evening.   
Thursday was a perfect post-Christmas day.  After skiing we rested at home and went down to play in the snowy playground until dinner where all the kids behaved and adults enjoyed food and drinks.  Jesse & I tried out the hot tub and went to bed all warm and cozy.
I talked myself into trying again and got back out on skis Thursday & Friday mornings.  This time I stayed on the graduate bunny hill and regained my confidence.  I feel so proud to have tried skiing at 35.  I want to someday be able to go with the kids. 











1 comment:

  1. Norah and I just caught up on all of your adventures since...the first day of school!! I must get on here more. Looks awesome and Cole is so grown up! I can't believe it....the time is just flying. Norah looks at all the pictures and she's like, "is that their back yard?" I'm like, "no that's Ireland." Is that their church, "No. It's Big Ben." Looks like you guys are having great adventures and I'm SO PROUD of you for going skiing! Isn't it great? Cheers to starting things later in life, when you can afford the really good gear that keeps you dry and warm and fashionable. :) Love to you guys. When are you coming home?!?

    ReplyDelete