Thursday, August 22, 2013

Belgian Immersion

I've had the kids alone with me all day all week.  Luckily Jesse's been working from home a bit which helps a lot.  We've picked a new Brussels destination every morning and relaxed at home, sometimes in the pool, each afternoon.  I've been cooking meals and the kids are playing with their toys, very normal.
Today I signed Cole up for a sports day camp for the last week of summer.  I am so proud of him for wanting to try a completely local French-speaking camp.  He knows one counselor speaks English but he's not even that concerned, saying they all understand me a little and I can learn.
The girls and I take him every morning and then run errands or just go to Parc Tenbosch near our apartment.  We stop and buy a baguette each day and then the girls play/fight until naptime.  We've been stopping at the Renier Chalon playground every afternoon as Cole & Lauren scoot back from camp.  They've played hard but everyone's ready for school to start next week.
First day of camp
Parc Tenbosch
Renier Chalon
Checking out the BEPS playground
Waiting for the bus



No comments:

Post a Comment